Bike Touring Highlight
This gate system was part of the Montbrillant castle, built for Sophie Countess von Platen-Hallermund in 1717-1720, for example at the site of today's main university building, demolished in 1857. Since then it has been relocated and is the entrance to Herrenhäuser Allee. Since this was originally 150 meters longer, it had to be relocated again in 1929 in favor of the road at Königsworther Platz. In 1960 the gate system disappeared completely and this current system was rebuilt with donations in 2000
May 13, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!