The Brucher dam is located near Marienheide in the Oberbergischer Kreis. It is a pure recreational lake. For hiking invites, among other things, the "Fuhrmannsweg" from the rambles of the mountain hiking country or you walk around it in a leisurely walk with the family along the shore in about 3.5km.
A campsite is located directly on the lake and invites you to a holiday on the water.
The dam is known for its excellent sailing opportunities and bathing sites.
Bathing areas are located in the following areas:
• at the sailing club
• at the DLRG station
• at the dam wall
• at the campsite
Arrival by public transport:
e.g. from Cologne central station (platform 10) with the regional train RB25 direction Meinerzhagen
Stop Marienheide (track 1)
Stop Marienheide Bf continue by bus line 336 direction Gummersbach Bf
Stop VDK-Heim, Marienheide-Müllenbach
June 12, 2016
Important! The track section from Börlinghausen to Holzwipper can not be used as it is on the tour map. The railway line has been put back into service. The drawn transition can indeed be used. This is dangerous and of course forbidden. If one tries to continue along the forest track parallel to the track in search of another possibility, one suddenly stands in front of a vertical rockfall estimated at 20m. Below runs the bypass. The safest solution is therefore to use the driveway between Börlinghausen and Holzwipper. Too bad, because the track is anyway very heavy asphalt,
April 21, 2017
The dam according to the Intze principle was rehabilitated and reinforced from 1990 to 1993 for 21 million DM. On the water side, a wall reinforcement was concreted with a sealing wall, a separating layer and a drainage layer and a control passage was installed. The dam was brought back to the state of the art.
On both sides of the dam was in the Second World War, a flak. Today, on one side, on a promontory, is the DLRG water rescue station of the Brucher dam. On the other side, the ruin is still there.
September 22, 2017
In the years 1912 and 1913, built of quarry stone and disguised with Hausteinen, now protected monumental dam was built according to plans by Professor Intze to pile up the Brucherbach. On the base of the founding floor is a turbine house made of quarry stone with hipped roof, which probably derived from the construction of the 1913 construction phase. The drained water flows sideways into a reservoir, from which in turn a channel regulates the discharge into the Wipper. Through an approximately 1200 meters long tunnel, the beginning of which is located at Holzwipper, the Brucher dam is fed water from the Wipper.
The dam operated by the Wupperverband serves the purpose of low water elevation, flood protection and local recreation.
Campsites dominate the southern and western bank areas; the northern shore is bordered by forest.
The barrier wall of the Brucher dam is a registered monument (monument list of the municipality of Marienheide, running no. 61; LVR Office for the Preservation of Historical Monuments in the Rhineland, database No. 10984).
May 28, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!