The pilgrimage chapel Liebfrauenheide near Klein-Krotzenburg has its origins in a picture of grace made of wood, which represents the Painful Mother of God. The picture, taken around 1620, was found by shepherds in a hollow oak tree near the Dreckshausen desert. In 1736 a chapel was built on the site, which was demolished in 1755 and rebuilt as a parish church in Rembrücken. The image of grace itself was transferred to the parish church of St. Nicholas.
At the instigation of Bishop Wilhelm Emmanuel von Ketteler of Mainz, a chapel was built again more than a hundred years later and inaugurated by him in 1868. On July 25, 1869, he preached his highly regarded sermon to about 10,000 workers on social justice and the future of work.
The Fatima Wall Rides to the chapel have been in existence since May 13 to October 13, introduced by Pastor Jakob Georgen, a great admirer of Mary.
The pilgrimage chapel is cared for by the Catholic parish of St. Nikolaus with its parish church of St. Nikolaus.
March 9, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.