At the start of construction in 1910 and when it was inaugurated in 1911 (only provisionally completed in 1913 due to a lack of donations), the lookout tower was still called the Bismarck Tower, and in July 1918 it was renamed the Hindenburg Tower. Ultimately, both names should not remain forever - today the 30 m high lookout tower is only referred to as the Moritzberg tower, although the Hindenburg tower is still carved over the door sill.
February 6, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!