In the year 1185 on the area the latin school St. Georgen was the historically most interesting school of Thuringia. In 1235 the Thuringian Landgrave erected the building for the Dominican order in honor of St. Elizabeth next to the Latin school. From 1498 to 1501 Martin Luther attended the Latin School. The school also visited Johann Sebastian Bach from 1692-1695.
December 3, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!