Bike Touring Highlight
The Holy Cross Church was built from 1936 to 1938 according to the design of the well-known church builder Johannes Böhm as the second Catholic parish church in the city. The outer walls of the church are faced with Ibbenbürener sandstone. Particularly worth seeing is a rose window with a diameter of nine meters made of Mayen basalt lava, which is located on the west side of the Holy Cross Church. A stand cross erected on the high choir is also noteworthy.The grave of the beatified Anna Katharina Emmerick is located in the crypt of the Holy Cross Church. A memorial was set up under the crypt. The tour of the church and the tomb is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The memorial can be visited on Saturdays from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
May 10, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!